We are a small business whose client base is built on trust, discretion and word of mouth and which we care very much about. We only hold minimal information necessary for running our courses (such as name, contact details and any dietary requirements), we don’t hold any financial information, we don’t believe in sending out lots of marketing emails and we do not share your information with anyone else. We occasionally send out a newsletter with seasonal recipes and information about our upcoming classes and that is it.
This privacy notice sets out how The Round Table uses and protects any information that you provide. The Round Table is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you be asked to provide information from which you can be identified, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice. The Round Table may change this privacy notice from time to time so you should check it occasionally to ensure you are happy with the changes. This privacy notice is effective from 1st May 2018.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information from you directly in writing, by telephone, by email or face to face – your name, your address including your email address, your preferences and interests in connection with our business and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How we use your information
We will process the information you provide under one or more of the following bases :
- Contractual performance – to complete a contract we may have with you in connection with our business for example, running a cookery workshop or carrying out a catering job for you.
- Legal obligation – to enable us to comply with the law.
- Legitimate interests – where the use of your information is within the legitimate interests of our business, including:
- the provision of information regarding our existing products;
- activities related to the development of our product offering; and
- activities undertaken to improve the service we provide and to help our business grow.
- Consent – where you have provided your clear consent for us to use your information for a particular purpose.
Why we use your information
We may use your information for the following purposes :
- to undertake our day to day business activity;
- to maintain internal records;
- to improve our products and services;
- to send you occasional promotional emails in connection with our business; and
- to contact you for market research purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and therefore have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard the information you provide.
Retention of your personal data
We will keep your information only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected. Whenever you advise us of any change to the information you have provided, we will update our records as quickly as possible.
How we share your data
We do not share your information with any other party.
You have the right to withdraw any consent that you may have provided, to object to the use of any of your information, to request the correction or removal of any of your information and to request details of your information that we hold. In such circumstances, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 07775 740382.
If you have a complaint about the way we use your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk or on 0303 1231113 or 01625 545745.