THIS WORKSHOP HAS NOW SOLD OUT. TO JOIN THE WAITING LIST OR TO FIND OUT ABOUT FUTURE COURSES PLEASE CONTACT CHLOE AT email@example.com OR 07775 740382
Free your domestic goddess (gods are welcome too!) and learn how to decorate a cake to wow all of your friends and family. This class is suitable for beginners or those wanting to brush up on their skills. You will take home with you your fully decorated cake.
On this course you will learn:
- How to cut and fill your cake with jam and buttercream
- How to prepare and cover your cake with rolled fondant icing to achieve a smooth finish
- How to cover your cake board and finish it with a ribbon
- How to colour fondant and knead it to the correct consistency
- How to use fondant for decorating
- You will learn how to use modelling paste to make decorations using different types of cutters.
- You will learn how to use a range of letter cutters to add writing to your cakes
- You will have time to use the skills you’ve learnt to finish off your cake to take home with you
All tools and equipment will be provided for you, including a box and cake board to take your finished cake home in, buttercream, jam and fondant icing. Please bring a round sponge cake with you, no larger than 7″. A sponge cake can be provided for you at a small extra cost.
£60 – Please bring your own sponge cake, approx 7″ in diameter
To purchase a 7″ sponge cake (costing £8) for your course please click here.
Please note that the image is just an example of another celebration cake.